Welcome to Hint-KB Human INTeractome Knowledge Base Tool
Welcome to HINT-KB: Human Iinteractome Knowledge Base This knowledge base is equipped with information retrieval tools which allows user to produce and extract thein own protein interaction datasets. HINT-KB is not just a simple integrative database, but combines primitive information to produce new knowledge. Specifically, an integrated scoring method, produces confidence scores for every possible PPI and allows for the creation of reliable negative PPI examples which could be used for the training of supervised classification techniques. Furthermore, HINT-KB offers some simple data preprocessing tools concerning normalization and missing values estimation. The content of HINT-KB may be accessed through a user friendly interface which provides forms for the retrieval of positive PPIs, negative PPIs, complete datasets and interactions of simple proteins.
- "The Human Interactome Knowledge Base (HINT-KB): An integrative human protein interaction database enriched with computationally predicted protein-protein interaction scores", K. Theofilatos, C. Dimitrakopoulos, D. Kleftogiannis, C. Moschopoulos, S. Papadimitriou, S. Likothanassis and S. Mavroudi, Artificial Intelligence Review journal (Submitted - December 2012).
- "HINT-KB: The Human Interactome Knowledge Base", K. Theofilatos, C. Dimitrakopoulos, D. Kleftogiannis, C. Moschopoulos, S. Papadimitriou, S. Likothanassis and S. Mavroudi, AIAI 2012, Chalkidiki, Greece, 27-30 September 2012 (IFIP International Federation for Information Processing, pp. 612-621, 2012).
- "Efficient Computational Construction of weighted Protein-Protein Interaction Networks by Using Adaptive Filtering Techniques Combined with Natural Selection-Based Heuristic Algorithms", C. Dimitrakopoulos, K. Theofilatos, E. Georgopoulos, S. Likothanassis, A. Tsakalidis ans S. Mavroudi, International Journal of Systems Biology and Biomedical Technologies (IJSBBT), Vol. 1, issue 2, pp. 20-34, 2012.
- "Adaptive Filtering Techniques Combined with Natural Selection", C. Dimitrakopoulos, K. Theofilatos, E. Georgopoulos, S. Likothanassis, A. Tsakalidi and S. Mavroudi, 12th EANN/ 7th AIAI Joint Conferences, Engineering Applications of Neural Networks/ Artificial Intelligence Applications and Innovations, 15-18 September 2011, Corfu, Greece (IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology 363 AICT (PART 1), pp. 471-480, 2011).
- "A New Hybrid Method for Predicting Protein Interactions Using Genetic Algorithms and Extended Kalman Filters", K. Theofilatos C., Dimitrakopoulos, A. Tsakalidis, S. Likothanassis, S. Mavroudi, 10th IEEE International Conference on Information Technology and Applications in Biomedicine (ITAB 2010), Corfu, Greece.